Welcome to Mrs.Gaeta's Physical Education and Health Class!
February 1st, 2019- Sports Day in the Gymnasium !!
Relay Races will begin about 9:00 a.m. !!
P.E. and Health Schedule:
9:00-9:30 - PreK
10:00-10:45- 8th Grade Health (Trimester 2)
1:15-2:00 - 1st Grade
2:15 - 3:00- 5th Grade Health (trimester 2)
8:15-9:00 - 4th Grade
9:00-9:45 - 3rd Grade
10:00-10:45 - 5th Grade
10:45-11:30 - 6th Grade
12:30-1:15 - 2nd Grade
1:15-2:00 - 8th Grade
2:00-2:45 - 7th Grade
Students will engage in locomotor skills that are the basic ways to move, the building blocks of coordination. Here are some locomotor skills: walking, running, hopping, jumping, skipping, leaping, galloping, landing, and turning.
Over the course of the year students will be engaging in many different team and individual sports such as wiffle ball, handball, kickball, basketball, football, capture the flag and many more.
4th-8th Grade Health
We will be dicussing several topics in each trimester such as hygiene, alochol and tobacco, nutrition, body image, personal health and physical activity, decision making and peer pressure. You will be graded on class participation, class work, homework, quizzes, and projects.
Please have a notebook or section of your binder for health and a folder to keep all Health notes and papers in. Also, a pen or pencil is needed for class.
Assignments, Homework, and Absences:
1. Please come to class prepared- notebook/binder, folder, and pen/pencil every week unless told otherwise.
2. Assignments are due on time and completed to receive full credit. If you do not get your assignments in on time, it is minus points. After a week it is not handed in, it will become a ZERO!
3. Keep all assignments in your folder unless Mrs. Gaeta tells you otherwise.
4. If your are absent, it is your responsbility to find out what material was covered.
5. Homework assignments are usually due the following week of Health class unless Mrs. Gaeta posts a specific due date.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me at: email@example.com
6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Health