Welcome to Mrs.Gaeta's Physical Education and Health Class!
Field Day will be May 3rd at Memorial Field in Rutherford. (Half-Day Dismissal)
Drop off time: 8:30 a.m.
Pick up time: 12:00 p.m.
Students should be dressed in SCHOOL SUMMER GYM UNIFORM!
Lunch: Pizza and drink will be provided by the PTO. However, please provide a drink and snack for mid-morning, just to keep their energy level on high!
**In case of rain or predicted rain, take your child to school for their Field Day. Please note, in the case of rain that that the students will still be dismissed from school at 12:00 p.m. **
P.E. and Health Schedule:
9:00-9:30 - PreK
10:00-10:45- 1st Grade
2:00-2:45- 6th Grade Health (3rd trimester)
8:15-9:00 - 4th Grade
9:00-9:45 - 3rd Grade
10:00-10:45 - 5th Grade
10:45-11:30 - 6th Grade
12:30-1:15 - 2nd Grade
1:15-2:00 - 8th Grade
2:00-2:45 - 7th Grade
Students will engage in locomotor skills that are the basic ways to move, the building blocks of coordination. Here are some locomotor skills: walking, running, hopping, jumping, skipping, leaping, galloping, landing, and turning.
Over the course of the year students will be engaging in many different team and individual sports such as wiffle ball, handball, kickball, basketball, football, capture the flag and many more.
4th-8th Grade Health
We will be dicussing several topics in each trimester such as hygiene, alochol and tobacco, nutrition, body image, personal health and physical activity, decision making and peer pressure. You will be graded on class participation, class work, homework, quizzes, and projects.
Please have a notebook or section of your binder for health and a folder to keep all Health notes and papers in. Also, a pen or pencil is needed for class.
Assignments, Homework, and Absences:
1. Please come to class prepared- notebook/binder, folder, and pen/pencil every week unless told otherwise.
2. Assignments are due on time and completed to receive full credit. If you do not get your assignments in on time, it is minus points. After a week it is not handed in, it will become a ZERO!
3. Keep all assignments in your folder unless Mrs. Gaeta tells you otherwise.
4. If your are absent, it is your responsbility to find out what material was covered.
5. Homework assignments are usually due the following week of Health class unless Mrs. Gaeta posts a specific due date.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me at: email@example.com
6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Health