|Specials||Tests/Projects: Week of January 20 , 2020|
*DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. DAY*
*MAP GROWTH TESTING-LANGUAGE ARTS
*MAP GROWTH TESTING-MATH
*MAP GROWTH TESTING-SCIENCE
Reading/Spelling Test "Seeing Stars"
Focus for the Month:
- Character Education: Humility
- Word Problems, Dividing 0-12, Pictographs, Bar Graphs, Line Graphs, Line Plots
- Prefixes, Verbs, Verb Tenses
- Inference, Drawing Conclusions
- Erosion, Weathering, Natural Disasters
- Timelines, Intermediate Directions, Immigration, Ellis Island, Martin Luther King, Jr., Civil War
1. Follow directions the first time they are given. Listening skills are important.
2. No talking in class unless you have raised your hand and have permission.
3. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
*Please make sure to be prepared for class with proper books and materials.
*Make sure to always do your homework, failure to do so will result in a warning, a lower grade, and/or detention.
*Notebooks and Homework Pads are to be purchased from the classroom teacher.
- 7 Notebooks ( Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Spelling, Reading, and Religion )
- 1 Homework Pad
- 6 Textbook Covers (book sox or paper covers, NO sticky covers allowed)
⦁ 1 Small Soft Cover Pencil Case (that fits in a desk) with:
4 Pencils (No mechanical pencils, please)
2 Highlighters (yellow & your choice)
1 pair of Scissors
1 Glue Stick
1 Box of Crayons- (may be placed in pencil case or separately in desk)
- 2 Folders (of any design)
⦁ 1 Box of Tissues
⦁ 1 Bottle of Hand Sanitizer
⦁ 1 Container of Disinfecting Wipes (Clorox Wipes)
Note: No binders, trapper keepers, mechanical pencils, markers, or pencil sharpeners allowed!
If you have any questions, please feel free to send a note with your child, or email me at Koliveira@academyatsmes.org.